Greetings Craftadians! Here's Blog #20, discussing a couple changes we're making to the economy with the upcoming 1.16 update, as well as the announcement of a brand new build competition.
1.16 Update ⏰
To ensure that our engineers have ample time to complete our update processes, we're pushing the update back four hours. The 1.16 update downtime will now begin on September 7th, at 5:00 PM CEST and will last approximately one hour.
Update Time in Popular Timezones
- 11:00 AM ET
- 8:00 AM PT
- 4:00 PM BST
- 1:00 AM AEST
We hope that this isn't too inconvenient, considering it gives players more time to finalize any exit procedures from the current iteration of the Nether Dimension.
Nether-Themed Build Competition 🏗️
From tonight's reboot until Sunday, September 13th at 5:00 PM EST, all users will be able to participate in this build competition, with the theme being The Nether!
The only requirement with this competition is that it must be Nether themed.
- You can build in the Overworld or Nether, as long as the build is majorly Nether themed.
- Your build can be as large or as small as you want.
- To submit your build in the competition, type /build when you're ready to submit.
- This competition will be enabled with the daily reboot, but you'll want to wait until after our Nether Update takes place to get started.
The prizes for this competition are as follows:
- 🥇 1st Prize: $20 Store Voucher + 3x Mega Crate Keys
- 🥈 2nd Prize: $15 Store Voucher + 2x Mega Crate Keys
- 🥉 3rd Prize: $10 Store Voucher + 1x Mega Crate Key
Economy Updates 💵
We're taking steps with the 1.16 Update to further re-balance the economy after our most recent nerf on Iron Ingots and Iron Blocks. Here's a non-exhaustive list of the largest changes going into effect:
- Both the Black Market Merchant and Travelling Trader will, going forward, select from a wide range of new items and blocks including those from 1.15 and 1.16.
- Items that require manual harvesting have been buffed.
- Items that can be automatically harvested have been nerfed.
- Most "craftable" items have been removed, to cut down on the annoyance of crafting and selling repeatedly.
- Gold has received a nerf due to the new abundance of gold nuggets and Piglin bartering systems introduced with the new Nether Dimension.
- Items that can be acquired from Piglin bartering have generally been nerfed.
Shop Directory Updates 🛒
We've significantly re-organized the Shop Directory system to better reflect certain categories and new blocks/items.
- All of the 1.15 and 1.16 blocks have been added to the Shop Directory.
- Several blocks and items have received a change of category to better reflect where they fit.
- Items that previously weren't displayed in the Shop Directory (but existed from previous updates) have been added.
Misc. Updates & Changes 📫
Through the week we are constantly making changes and adding new things. Here's a list of some of the smaller things that happened this week:
- Teleportation has received a massive overhaul. It will now be a much faster and smoother experience.
- The Present Pet has been re-enabled with a brand new look.
- The Snake Pet has been re-enabled with a brand new look.